This poor couple who purchased a home in Weldon Spring on a golf course with beautiful views soon discovered their house was infested with thousands of Brown Recluse spiders. It was so bad the owners finally abandoned the home outright. Just walked away.
Here's what they tried in what became a vain attempt to rid themselves of these spiders.
They cleaned everything: mini blinds, air registers, ceilings, fireplace, ceiling can lights, showers and on and on.
They hired a pest control company who came in every week and sprayed inside and out.
They hired contractors to remove drywall and attic insulation in order to spray behind and underneath.
Nothing worked. The story does not say if anyone has ever figured out why that property of all nearby was affected or where the source of the spiders was located. It's an awful story. The couple sued the previous owners for non-disclosure and their insurance company and a jury found in their favor and awarded them $472,110 but they never collected. They are trying again.
Now that the home is in foreclosure with no buyers in sight, the property is covered with tarps as an exterminator blasts the spiders and eggs with 200 pounds of sulfuryl fluoride gas pumped in at 67 degrees below zero.
I don't know about you, but buying a house with a horrible Brown Recluse history plus all those chemicals would not be something I'd consider.