A Great Dane in Oregon somehow managed to chew up and swallow 43 pairs of socks. Actually, 43 and 1/2 pairs as there was one extra single sock added to the total. By the time the last few pairs landed in his stomach he was very sick and it was then the socks were discovered by x-ray. Surgery took care of the massive blockage and the dog is ok now.
Dogs are known to love socks and many owners have had a swallowed sock incident but, wow, 43 pairs! This number had me doing a mental count of how many pairs of socks we own and it's no where near 43 pairs. That's a lot of socks laying around.