Here are 14 new laws the people of Illinois will have to adhere to beginning January 1.
1. No cell phone use while driving unless completely hands free
2. A person may vote in the primary while 17 if he/she will be 18 at the time of the general election.
3. Cigarette butts thrown onto public right of ways will now count as litter.
4. Speed limits on Illinois interstate will go rise to 70 mph.
5. Lower penalities for going above construction zone speed limits when no workers are present
6. Cameras will be on school buses filming drivers who pass a stopped bus and the film shared with police.
7. Illinois teens in sex ed classes will now get information on condoms and birth control in addition to abstinance.
8. Divorced couples with joint child custody must ask the ex if they want to watch the children before hiring a babysitter.
9. Wineries can now cork your unfinished bottle so you can take the remainder home with you.
10. Illinois tollways will have a wall of shame which publicizes drivers who whiz through tolls without paying. Cameras are involved.
11. Schools will not be able to check students' Facebook page or emails without parental permission.
12. Pet stores which sell sick animals will have to pay the vet bills.
13. No tanning beds allowed for those under 18.
14. Marijuana may be allowed for some medical conditions.