During election debates between candidates for council members at large seats in DC, there seems to be agreement among incumbents and challengers that it would be a good idea to copy New York City and ban large soft drinks. They believe health experts who say the proposal would start a conversation that could change overeating habits.
It's always soda. Maybe because soda is easy while food is not. But the biggest culprit of weight gain is food, IMO. But lets take a look at 5 reasons medical experts point to in weight gain.
1. Fatique-when you don't get enough sleep your body experiences physiological stress and chemically you store more fat. So get more sleep, health experts say even adding 15 more minutes a night and increasing the 15 minutes over time until you find what's best for you should make a huge difference.
2. Stress-"Stress response, whether it is 'fight-or-flight,' juggling too many responsibilities, or coping with financial pressures, triggers a biochemical process where our bodies go into survival mode. "Our bodies store fuel, slow down metabolism and dump out chemicals [cortisol, leptin, and other hormones] which are more likely to cause obesity in the abdominal region."
3. Some or many prescription drugs cause weight gain.
4. Medical condition-the most common condition for weight gain is hypothyroidism but there are others.
5. Menopause-this is a woman thing involving changing hormones